The Power of Silence
A Prajna Yoga Silent Retreat
“Pure awareness is not something gained or lost, activated or made passive. Rather it is unchanging and incorruptible.”
– Tias Little, Yoga of the Subtle Body
Wednesday-Friday: 9:30-5:30 pm
Unlike most other yoga trainings, Prajna Yoga offers time in silence, a time that enables “inner communion.” Yogis seek silent retreat time to evolve on the path of yoga. Today, the intimacy and power of silent practice is needed more than ever before. At Prajna Yoga, we believe that silent practice is an invaluable path to penetrate the depths of the heart-mind. Through the combination of Sensory Awareness Training for Yoga Attunement (SATYA), yoga practice and seated meditation, this silent retreat helps awaken new insights into body, mind and spirit.
Silent Retreat Format
- Students hold noble silence while Tias and Surya guide
- Practice days weave movement with stillness: SATYA, asana and seated meditation
- Seated meditation sessions
- Indoor and outdoor walking meditations
- Savasana meditation
- Standing meditation
- Holding silence throughout day: upon arrival, over lunch and in the evening
- Sitting with dharma passages to help clarify the nature of the heart-mind
A silent yoga immersion is a potent means to deepen one’s practice. Through the support and power of the sangha, we will also remain in social silence outside the class sessions in order to allow a deepening of our relationship to ourselves, to nature and to simple tasks such as walking and eating. A silent retreat enables each of us to become more focused in the present. Removed from the demands of our daily rhythms and responsibilities, we hold sacred silence together.
The retreat time is an invaluable way to nourish ourselves, while establishing an antidote for the “habit body and habit mind.” Sustained silence is a traditional means to recognize and discard unhealthy habits of thinking, speaking and perceiving and to realize new capacities for compassionate action in the world.
Participation in silent retreats is required for students completing the 300-hr and 500-hr Prajna Yoga Teaching Trainings.
Please read before purchasing any events with Prajna Yoga as we have a firm financial policy.
- A non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- If a deposit was placed, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day this event.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of any event, will receive a refund credit to your internal Prajna Yoga account, on any amount paid minus the non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the event.
- Account credits can only be used for events at Prajna Yoga in Santa Fe and must be used within one year of the applied credit.
- All retail sales are final.