- This event has passed.
Session III: The Subtle Body
July 8, 2019 - July 13, 2019
Daily schedule: 8:30am-5:30pm (45 hours)
*The last day of training (July 13th) ends at 1:00pm
The pathway into the subtle body involves practice for the delicate structures of the throat, neck, cranium and brain. In yoga practice, the brain and sensory organs must be carefully protected and drawn inward. Session III presents ways to posturally balance the skull efficiently on top of the spine and to mindfully create a “psychic shield” to protect and empower spiritual awareness.
Course of Study:
- Restorative yoga for the brain and nervous system
- The cranial chakras and the subtle body
- The bones of the skull and the cranial sutures
- The effects of vibration on the cranium
- The three “master glands” in the body: the thyroid, pineal and pituitary glands
- The critical position of the jaw and its connection to the sacrum
- Jalandhara bandha and its effects on the throat chakra and thyroid gland
- Working with the five senses in yoga, pratyahara
- Balancing the body through the six diaphragms
- Introduction to yoga nidra (yogic sleep)
- Yoga samadhi and the brain: Patanjali’s samapatti and the experience of absorption
- Using the chair in yoga to support the brain and skull
- Neuroplasticity, aging and the sensory-motor system
- Coping with fear and stress, protecting the skull and developing a “psychic shield”
- Working with the eyes in yoga
- Working with the Five Hindrances: craving, negativity, sloth, restlessness and doubt
Yoga of the Subtle Body is a requirement for students fulfilling the 200-hr Prajna Yoga Teacher Training.
Please read before purchasing any events with Prajna Yoga as we have a firm financial policy.
- A non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- If a deposit was placed, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day this event.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of any event, will receive a refund credit to your internal Prajna Yoga account, on any amount paid minus the non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the event.
- Account credits can only be used for events at Prajna Yoga in Santa Fe and must be used within one year of the applied credit.
- All retail sales are final.
Early Bird Special: $1,255.50 + tax (before May 1, 2019)