Session I: From the Ground Up
Daily schedule: 8:30am-5:30pm (40 hours)
This session is taught by Djuna Mascall and explores the foundational teachings of the yoga practice with an emphasis on how the feet are “the foundation to the temple of the body”. Progress on the path depends on strong legs and deep breath. This session explores the ancient traditions with a contemporary insight into the body-mind connection. Students build stability in their legs through standing poses that spontaneously lead to the lift of the yoga bandhas – mula and uddiyana bandhas. To open the heart-mind, we will cultivate loving kindness (metta) and hone the essentials of mindfulness training.
Course of Study:
- Yoga anatomy: experience myofascia through movement and map the body’s five myo-fascial sheaths
- Bio-mechanical function of the feet, knees and legs
- Nadis, Traditional Chinese Medicine meridians and Ayurveda marma points
- The sacrum and poses relative to the lower two chakras – muladhara and svadhisthana chakras
- The Three Jewels: the Buddha (awakened mind), Dharma (the teachings) and Sangha (the community)
- The Eightfold Path of the Buddhist teachings and the Four Foundations of Mindfulness
From the Ground Up is a requirement for students fulfilling the 200-hr Prajna Yoga Teacher Training.
Please read before purchasing any events with Prajna Yoga as we have a firm financial policy.
- A non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- If a deposit was placed, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day this event.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of any event, will receive a refund credit to your internal Prajna Yoga account, on any amount paid minus the non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the event.
- Account credits can only be used for events at Prajna Yoga in Santa Fe and must be used within one year of the applied credit.
- All retail sales are final.
Early Bird Special: $1,255.50 + tax (before April 1, 2019)