This Event has Sold Out
Daily schedule: 8:30am-5:30pm (45 hours)
*The last day of training (March 24th) ends at 1:00pm
Hands on Adjustments
The body compensates with pulls, rotations, shifts and torques. To see the body’s asymmetries and strain patterns under your hands is an art. Knowing how to use your hands to adjust and guide students is an essential skill for any class setting or private instruction. This course helps you to develop a discriminating eye and skillful touch when directing students toward greater opening. Throughout this session, Tias refers to his training in massage and deep tissue work to cover the principles of myofascial release work within yoga postures.
Course of Study
- Identify postural dynamics in the legs, pelvis, shoulders and spine, and recognize strain patterns through visual assessment
- Gain confidence in your touch to support, guide and release the body through manual assist
- Study fundamentals of applying pressure and force in more than one direction at a time
- Learn to guide students deeper into twisting poses, back-bends and side-bends
- Practice techniques to adjust students in restorative poses, as well as how to “adjust” them with the use of props
- Review the essentials of therapeutic touch, including a special session on the use of tuning forks and pressure point release
The Art of Sequencing
Careful and intelligent sequencing creates an authentic, skillful yoga class. Without proper sequencing, a class can leave you ungrounded, imbalanced and potentially nauseated! Like a good chef who knows how to skillfully combine food, the mindful yoga teacher blends poses to create a feeling of wholeness. This course helps teachers design safe, intelligent and creative sequences.
Course of Study
- Design intelligent sequences involving themed classes, pose combinations, class pacing, and duration of holds
- Master the “Entry and Exit”, learning how to open and close a class by weaving together mindfulness, meditation and restorative yoga
- Use props
- Avoid posture combinations that cause strain and aggravation
- Teach with a theme and design classes for the hip joints, shoulders, low back, etc.
- Combine symmetrical and asymmetrical postures
- Integrate the “Central Axis” – sequencing toward and away from the mid-line of the body
Hands on Adjustments and the Art of Sequencing is a prerequisite for students assisting Tias or other Prajna Teachers in workshops, trainings and conferences.
Please read before purchasing any events with Prajna Yoga as we have a firm financial policy.
- A non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- If a deposit was placed, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day this event.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of any event, will receive a refund credit to your internal Prajna Yoga account, on any amount paid minus the non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the event.
- Account credits can only be used for events at Prajna Yoga in Santa Fe and must be used within one year of the applied credit.
- All retail sales are final.
Early Bird Special: $1,255.50 + tax (before January 31, 2019)