Fundamentals of Sequencing
Schedule: 8:30am-5:30pm (8 hours)
The skill and real success of teaching a comprehensive yoga class involves careful and intelligent sequencing. This day long is an introduction to the Art of Sequencing work and complements Mastering the Basics teaching principles. We review pacing, length of holds, how to sequence using props and how to combine poses. We cover the “faux pas” in sequencing and how to structure a class from a theme using continuity, preparatory sequencing and posture combinations. We review the importance of the opening and closing of a class. In our principles of sequencing we cover vinyasa, sequencing on and off the mid-line, combining symmetrical and asymmetrical postures, combining compressive and decompressive movements and more. We cover how to design active sequences and how to sequence restorative postures.
Fundamentals of Sequencing is a recommended course for students fulfilling the 200-hr Prajna Yoga Teacher Training.
Please read before purchasing any events with Prajna Yoga as we have a firm financial policy.
- A non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- If a deposit was placed, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day this event.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of any event, will receive a refund credit to your internal Prajna Yoga account, on any amount paid minus the non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the event.
- Account credits can only be used for events at Prajna Yoga in Santa Fe and must be used within one year of the applied credit.
- All retail sales are final.
Early Bird Special: $165 + tax (before May 1, 2019)