+44 (0) 20 7042 9900
In a totally unique way, the SATYA practice opens doorways into the interior, providing new pathways of perception and feeling. It guides students away from “doing” movement and toward sensing, receiving and “being” movement. As an adjunct to yoga practice, somatic awareness leads to embodied wisdom.
SATYA is Prajna Yoga’s “yin” style practice. All the movements are done on the floor in a flowing fashion, without force. The SATYA movements cultivate inner listening and heighten proprioceptive awareness. This awareness is the body’s innate intelligence. By increasing our capacity for sensory awareness, we become more sentient, wakeful beings in the world. The exercises are non-weight bearing and involve sliding, gliding and circular movements to reduce myo-fascial holding in the body.
The SATYA training, along with yoga postures, involves neural-muscular re-education. Like in vinyasa training, breath is combined with movement in order to deepen the respiratory rhythm. All movements support profound physical rest of the body and prepare for savasana and yoga nidra (the yogic sleep).
SATYA 2 Course of Study
SATYA 2 brings further depth to the practice and study of the SATYA movements. In this course students will learn how to design SATYA sequences and assist movements to facilitate greater myo-fascial release.
- How to use SATYA movements to prepare the body for asana.
- How to design SATYA sequences to release specific areas of the body (e.g., lower back, hips, shoulders, and neck).
- How to manually assist the SATYA movements to stretch the myo-fascia.
- How to design SATYA sequences that include both SATYA and asana.
- How to give facilitated assists to stretch the connective tissues within the SATYA movements.
- How SATYA supports pulsatory rhythms in the body.
- How SATYA works as a kind of “visceral manipulation”.
- How SATYA supports circulation of blood and lymph.
- How to use savasana in SATYA.
- Dharma practice: Working with Hindrances.
To be eligible for SATYA 2, students must have completed the SATYA 1.
Upon completion of this course, you will receive a Yogacampus Certificate of Completion for the 5-day intensive (30 hours). If you wish to gain certification from Prajna Yoga as a SATYA teacher, you are required to take at least one of the workshops on June 7th or 8th and complete additional hours of self-study. You will then have 45 hours of SATYA 2 training. To become a SATYA teacher, all SATYA courses are required – please see the SATYA page
for further information on the certification process.
Please read before purchasing any events with Prajna Yoga as we have a firm financial policy.
- A non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- If a deposit was placed, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day this event.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of any event, will receive a refund credit to your internal Prajna Yoga account, on any amount paid minus the non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the event.
- Account credits can only be used for events at Prajna Yoga in Santa Fe and must be used within one year of the applied credit.
- All retail sales are final.
Early Bird Special: 650 GBP (before December 31, 2018)