The Language of Yoga: Sanskrit Basics, Asana Names & Mantra
Schedule: 8:30am-5:30pm (8 hours)
The science and practice of yoga is framed in Sanskrit words and verses. A basic understanding of the Sanskrit language is important for any student or teacher of yoga. Many asana (posture) names have interesting, deeper meanings and stories behind them. The subtle body is profoundly affected by sound and vibration. Learning how to pronounce Sanskrit words, posture names, and mantra-s will bring your practice into the subtle body through direct experience.
The Language of Yoga is a requirement for students fulfilling the 200-hr Prajna Yoga Teacher Training.
Please read before purchasing any events with Prajna Yoga as we have a firm financial policy.
- A non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- If a deposit was placed, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day this event.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of any event, will receive a refund credit to your internal Prajna Yoga account, on any amount paid minus the non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the event.
- Account credits can only be used for events at Prajna Yoga in Santa Fe and must be used within one year of the applied credit.
- All retail sales are final.
Early Bird Special: $165 + tax (before May 1, 2019)