SATYA 2 | Online Immersion
January 25, 2023 - February 26, 2023
Once you have felt the power of SATYA you will want to continue to soak in further. In SATYA 2, you will learn more complex sequencing, more nuanced variations of movement, and more about the physiological benefits. For those wishing to integrate SATYA into their teaching, SATYA 2 and 3 are a must.
In-depth Sensory Awareness Training for Yoga Attunement (SATYA) practices compliment asana practice while deeply restoring the body. They open the joint spaces, build sensory-motor awareness, re-educate the neural-muscular system and help develop bi-lateral symmetry.
This training lays out the essentials for how to sequence the SATYA movements and how to combine them with asana. We learn how to practice and teach the movements beginning with the simplest forms and leading to greater complexity. We study the healing potential of the movements and their effects on the Five Sheaths.
COURSE OF STUDY:
- Learn to use SATYA movements to prepare the body for asana
- Design SATYA sequences to release specific areas of the body (e.g., lower back, hips, shoulders, and neck)
- Design SATYA sequences that include both SATYA and asana
- Learn how SATYA adjusts the spinal joints: ligaments, facets, and tendons
- Study how SATYA supports pulsatory rhythms in the body
- Discover how SATYA works as a kind of “visceral manipulation”
- Learn how SATYA supports circulation of blood and lymph
- Learn how to heal the body through savasana and SATYA
- Dharma practice: Working with Hindrances
- January 25 – 29 | 9:30am – 12:30pm MT (**except Friday | 9am – 1pm MT)
- February 11 & 12 | 9:30am – 12:30pm MT
- February 25 & 26 | 9:30am – 12:30pm MT
**To be eligible for SATYA 2, students must have completed SATYA 1.
Cost: $1,050 or Bundle SATYA 1, 2 & 3 for $2,850
**SATYA 2 is good for 45-Hours of Continuing Education hours through Yoga Alliance, and can be applied towards required hours for the Prajna Yoga Therapy Track
**Please note ALL Live Zoom sessions will be recorded should you be unable to attend any live streams. All course materials are available indefinitely.
**Included in registration for the full course is access to the Prajna Live classes at 10:00 – 11:30am Mountain Time on Tuesday, January 24, and Fridays, January 27, February 10, and February 24. Registrants will have access to these classes directly in the course curriculum for 30 days after the course completes.
**Have your props handy! We recommend two blocks, blankets, a thick bolster, an 8’ or 10’ belt/strap, and a backless Iyengar chair (modifications will be given if you do not have a chair). We recommend yogaoutlet.com and Manduka for props; backless chairs can be found on Amazon and Etsy.
Photo credit: Kristie Kahns